2020, a crucial year to save the trade, and the buying and selling of wine
The WBWE has always been available to business by means of new alternatives to buying and selling for wineries from across the world in every edition.
2020 is posing a huge challenge; nevertheless the WBWE brings good tidings:
- World wine consumption did not decrease but remains stable and, in some areas, even increases.
- Household wine consumption needs new packaging methods adapted to a new way of life that is here to stay. Opportunities for growth of bag-in box are enormous.
- Private labels of wine that are capable of innovating in terms of creativity and design will be the ones with a major competitive advantage.
- Buyers from all over the world (ranging from the largest to boutique retailers) need to discover, now more than ever, new wines tailored to their needs.
- Bottlers require wine and the methods of packaging increasingly provide greater alternatives: bottle, can, bag-in-box…
- The WBWE is the biggest fair worldwide devoted to the trade of packaging in destination.
This year, the WBWE wants to be, more than ever, an essential platform so that wineries can find new business opportunities.
We are working so that the fair can be carried out in the most similar way to previous editions, although we are also creating new options, in the event of other circumstances.
We guarantee that the trade fair will contact with international purcharsers to promote the wines from the participating wineries.